Woolsery & District Agricultural Show (Woolsery Show) is a registered charity in England and Wales with the registered charity number 1175580
Woolsery & District Agricultural Show
Or call 01409 240328
One of the most important things to say is that we NEVER sell or exchange your personal information with other organisations for marketing purposes.
Please note also that you are in control of how we might hold or use your personal information. See below for more details.
How we collect information
We will collect information about you when:
- You provide your details to Woolsery Show as an exhibitor (agriculture, equestrian, handicraft trade, food, etc)
- You enter competitions or provide your details to us for any other purpose at Woolsery Show
- You are a contractor providing services to Woolsery Show
- You sign up to receive updates on our activities
- You post on our social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Depending on your privacy settings or the privacy policies of these sites, you might give us permission to receive information about you from them
- You are a committee member, volunteer or steward for Woolsery Show
- You take part in one of our events as a competitor, judge or other official
- You contact us through the following channels: online, email, phone, SMS, social media or by post.
The types of personal information we might hold about you
- Your name, address, CPH number, email address and phone numbers
- Your date of birth (children under 17 only)
- Your bank or credit card details
- Your previous history of interaction with Woolsery Show
- If you are taking part in a show activity we may also collect medical information and emergency contact details
Other information we may hold
This may include:
- Information on the breeding of your animal exhibits
- Identification numbers for cattle, sheep and where relevant horses
Using your personal information
We will use your information for the following purposes when it is in both yours and our legitimate interests to do so.
- To provide you with the service or information you have requested
- To enter you into the relevant competions/ trade stands or exhibits and publish your information in the Show Catalogue
- To provide information to relevant authorities including APHA, Defra, Trading Standards, Police and other emergency services
- We will contact you by post or email to provide schedules for the Show and to provide entry details and tickets.
- We may contact you to publicise the Show or get feedback
- To inform our marketing
- With your consent we may also:
- email or send you text messages with updates on fundraising appeals you have given to, new appeals, other CARE International news and opportunities to take part in surveys or research
- Your consent will be valid indefinitely, unless you tell us otherwise
- Bridgmans – Schedule print supplier
- Graham Walton Publishing Ltd – Catalogue print and design supplier
How long we keep your information for
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, for example we will keep a record of any animal details you have given us for up to six years.
If you tell us you do not consent to receive our marketing, we will keep a record of your contact details to enable us to remove you from any contact lists now and in the future.
How do we protect your information?
Woolsery Show has a volunteer Executive Committee and Show Committee that manages show matters over the year. A number of individuals have access to peronal data. All have been briefed on this policy and each individual is responsible for appropriate security measures to protect your information and keep it confidential. No one will forward your information to a third party unless for reasons specified above.
- You can change your mind about the consent you have given us at any time.
- You can ask us to not publish your address details
- You can request to see the information we hold about you at any time and ask us to correct, delete or restrict it. Please note, there may be a small charge to cover administrative costs if you make multiple requests.
Please contact us in writing or by email (see above) if you want to check or change any information we hold.
If you are not happy with the way we have processed your data please let us know. And if you aren’t happy with our response you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK's Data Protection Authority - the Information Commissioner’s Office. Alternatively you can go directly to them.
This policy will be reviewed at least annually. The next review is planned for April 2019. If we make significant changes we will publish them clearly on our website or contact you directly with more information.
Created April 2018